Sunday, June 26, 2011

New Class with Nawar at Dreams Bellydance Academy!

Greetings, all!

Wow, half a year has passed since I last wrote.... so amazing how time flies. Life has been busy and exciting! I quit my [day] job and landed one the week after (declined it, have been on a nice hiatus for a few weeks but accepted it later...), I performed in my first belly dance theater production, SHUKRAN, produced by Nathalie Zarate of Dreams Bellydance Academy and the Miami Bellydance Convention, and I started an event planning company with my cousin (Design Envy Events -- website will be launching soon so stay tuned!). I decided to take life into my own hands and pursue my dreams, which of course, also include belly dance. :)

My new Level 1 class begins on Saturday, July 9th at 1:30 PM at Dreams Bellydance Academy. I am thrilled and honored to be teaching Nathalie's belly dance style. The world of belly dance is a large one, no doubt... but it always blows my mind how different the dance can be; from the names of movements to the execution. You never forget where you came from and I am happy to have received my foundation but I have learned a great deal and I've been growing as a dancer. I am pleased with how far I have come and can't wait to grow even more.

So, the actual purpose of this blog is a pinch of information and a pinch of public humiliation. I've shared my whereabouts for the past six months so here comes the public humiliation part. I know this is something quite common nowadays... blogging, I mean, ... however, I am hopping on the bandwagon. I am probably at my heaviest weight right now and I think I've reached my max. It hasn't helped that I live in one of the hippest areas with lots of fabulous restaurants that I can't get enough of. Add to that the fact that I've been pretty stagnant for the past five weeks since I've been on my self-proclaimed vacation and that equals weight gain. I am putting my foot DOWN. For clarity, I will be doing it the "right way" and not by means of fad diet or cosmetic surgery. That's right! I'm forgoing Rocco's Tacos, Bayshore Thai and La Bonne Crêpe... at least for a while ;). I will be - dare I say it - exercising!! There are some things that happen to us in life that are out of our control. Weight is not one of them! I will be recording my journey on WBDA!

I am debating whether or not to post my starting weight... but I will check in weekly, announce what better be my loss for the week, or my gain, and will do so leading up to my "25th" birthday. Note the air quotes on that...heehee.... I am highly motivated and I know I can do this the right way this time around.

Visit www.dreamsbellydance.com for all of the fabulous new classes being taught at the studio, including a sexy belly burlesque course taught by Valerick Molinary, and a morning Summer Shimmy Workout class taught by Annemarie, and I will check back in a week! Don't forget, Level 1 starts Saturday, July 9th! See you there. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment